Monday 17 October 2016

Finishing with Sprinkle of Glitter


Around six years ago, I came across two YouTubers named Louise Pentland and Zoe Sugg, better known as Sprinkle of Glitter and Zoella. At that time I was pretty young, however their content was funny and very open in how they spoke to their viewers. I eventually started to religiously watch these two inspiring ladies become popular on their ever-growing channels.

Five or so years later, I was still watching my two favourite Youtubers, all their friends, and then some, making a real living from what they were doing. I'd known from the beginning that I wanted to display my pretty makeup and clothes, make silly vlogs and voice my thoughts on this website, however, I didn't expect so much to evolve from these two women I'd laugh at through my laptop screen. 


Recently, Louise uploaded a video named 'Finishing with Sprinkle of Glitter', which I was very intrigued to watch. Throughout this video, Louise spoke about how for a long time she'd been keeping so much from the camera as she was scared to ruin this pristine image of herself. As I have grown with these Youtubers, I have become very close to bored of watching the same type of videos each week. After becoming so popular, Youtubers have had to tailer their videos to the young viewers subscribing to their channels. We've all watched these people become brilliant role models but they've not been able to let their channels grow with them. When Louise finally let out that she wants more for her channel, I, and lot of other ladies my age, were relieved at how we can watch these videos that are really suited to us. 

Louise has now added to her channel videos on body image, sex, politics and religion that I can now enjoy and really listen to as an adult who has been watching her videos from a young girl. I'm not saying I'd be happy for all her funny collaborations, videos with Darcy, and other 'old' types of videos to stop, but it's just nice to have some fresh new ones in the mix that I can really engage in.

If other Youtubers were to follow in these footsteps, add more of an array of content to their channels and do more of what they want, I think that a lot of us would be extremely grateful and supportive.

I'm not sure who might read this or what kind of a response I might get, but if there are any other views on the topic of Youtubers moulding their videos into what deems acceptable for younger viewers I'd love to hear your opinions! 

Thankyou so much for the read, goodbye.x

4 comments:

  1. Hello there, I agree. i haven't been watching youtubers for as long as you and am not as passionate about it as you but i agree. These youtubers are not child entertainers who can't talk about sex or politics (things that matter). So if everyone started following louise i think it would be great for the youtube community. However, I do feel like this would be unfair for the younger views so maybe some youtubers cold create a second account where they upload filtered content for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise is also my favourite youtuber. I was very happy that Louise has started to release content that she is passionate about and arent the same as everybody else's. Her videos are maturing, and becoming more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise is also my favourite youtuber. I was very happy that Louise has started to release content that she is passionate about and arent the same as everybody else's. Her videos are maturing, and becoming more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with what you're saying here. It's lovely to see how much Louise and her channel have evolved now and I love watching videos I can now relate to more than her pg, so to speak, videos. Even at 19 I can appreciate this growth as I've been watching her for so long too. Its lovely to see her much more liberated these days.

    https://ninety7blog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete