Thursday 8 December 2016

Amazon Makeup Brush Kit Review

When scavenging Amazon for items to buy, I always come across sellers with brush sets of twenty or more for ridiculously small amounts of money... so I decided to give them a go and buy a pack.  For the most part when shopping cheap, you will absolutely get what you pay for, however,  I can tell you that in this case that is not true.



The brush handles all have a smooth black surface and the metal part is a dark rosy pink colour that appeared lighter in the pictures of the advert, however, the brushes are still very pretty. The brushes were a set of twenty, although three of them were double sided giving twenty-three brushes in total.



There was a large array of brushes through size, shape and purpose, making the set even better as there was a lot to play around with. This includes a foundation brush, angled brushes, blending brushes, a mascara spoolie and more. However, a couple of the brushes were, quite slyly, nearly the exact same. Sometimes this was a bonus and sometimes not so much.



The application of product from the brushes obviously weren't the same sort of quality as Real Techniques or Zoeva, and honestly I could probably get a thicker, faster application with my finger however the brushes applied eyeshadow evenly and very precisely. The brushes didn't pick up much product either although wasn't too much of an issue for me.



A couple of the brushes were those awful sponge applicators which I won't be using any time soon however most of the others were definitely usable and pretty handy to have in your brush collection. Three of the twenty brushes were double sided, as though twenty wasn't enough and were nicely made.



When washing the brushes, there was no fall out or any other problems with them which is a bonus as  I know from experience that it is pretty common with cheaper brushes to not secure the bristles?strands? Whatever. To not secure the brushy bits to well. The only real problem I had was a breakage of the foundation brush, however, even that wasn't a huge problem as I just glued it back together.



All-in-all, I give these brushes 3 1/2 out of 5 stars as although I had a breakage, a couple of duplicates and the coverage isn't perfect, they are aesthetically pleasing in my brush collection, there are so many for the ridiculously small amount that you pay for them, they work, and they're perfect as easy extras to practice your super makeup talents with! I absolutely recommend them just to try, you're only loosing out on £5 if they aren't right for you.

The brushes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ABQTG3O/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

Thanks a whole bunch for reading my review on these brushes, if you have a comment, opinion or good or bad experience with these brushes, pah-lease share, I really would love to hear!

Thanks again, goodbye!x

No comments:

Post a Comment